Cracking the top page of Google is something that we all sought after.
But how do we do it? What kind of changes can we make on our website to get there? We’ve all heard “That one trick” to add to your website to get on the front page. But is that really true?
This week on Whiteboard Wednesday, our resident SEO expert, Wesley, is going to let us know of some tips that we can change on your church website to better rank on search engines such as Google.
Write Good Content
- Create content that is relevant to keyword searches.
- Create content that has a decent length.
- Create content that is grammatically correct.
- Use keywords in the Title Tag.
- Use keywords in the Meta Description Tag.
- Use keywords in the H1 tag.
- Use keywords in page content.
- Use keywords in image filenames and alt tags.
Claim or create your Google Business Listing
Here’s where to start: https://www.churchfinder.com/church-resources/claim-verify-your-church-google-page
- Link to church website on your business listing.
- Get reviews on your business listing.
- Add Photos to your business listing.
Submit a sitemap to Google
This is probably easier than you think, here’s where to start: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/183668?hl=en
Make your site Mobile Friendly
- Confirm by testing: https://search.google.com/search-console/mobile-friendly
- Use a mobile friendly template.
Here are a couple of other links that could really help!
Best SEO Plugin for WordPress: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/
Complete Chart of important SEO factors: https://searchengineland.com/download/seotable/SearchEngineLand-Periodic-Table-of-SEO-2015.pdf
Let us know in the comments below if you have any questions regarding SEO on your church website and we would love to help!