White Board Wednesday: Are you confusing any of these terms?
Church Logo, Identity, Outreach, and Branding
Church media has gone INSANE, it’s more important than ever to make sure you get all four of these right. Getting it right, starts with defining and understanding the terms.
Logo – a visual symbol the represents your church.
- Don’t be generic
- Don’t replace it
Identity – the visual style that helps communicate your church.
- Purpose Statement
- Colors – all of them communicate something.
- Style – modern, vintage, traditional
Outreach – the message you tell about your church.
- Your website
- Mailers and printed material
- Special Days
Tip: Be authentic don’t project what you are not.
Branding – the story non-members tell about your church.
- Turn non-members into members
- Understand the role the other terms have in projecting this one
- Realize that you’re always branding
Categories White Board Wednesday